Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Homemade croutons


yeaaaahhhhhhh!!

I made some croutons this afternoon to go with the romaines I have left in the frig. Seriously, I hate to see veggies wilt and go bad in the frig so I try to do my best to eat it ALL(My frig is so packed with vegetables since David's dad was in town last week and Costco only sell things in big quantity).

Anyway, ever since I learned how to make croutons, I've never laid my eyes on the packaged croutons again. It is so easy to make and i'd feel really guilty to spend that much money on something that's being sitting on the shelf for who-knows-how-long. So, I went out to the nearest bakery and grabbed a loaf of wheat bread instead of white, trying to be healthy and get some fibers ha.

I baked the bread in 375F for about...15 -20 minutes and before putting it in the oven, I drizzled some olive oil and sprinkled some garlic powder along with some fresh garlic.

It was so good that David, who's got sensitive palates actually loves it and went back for a second bowl!! Success!!!!

No comments: